Missions and Twin Lakes
Twin Lakes is a missions-focused ministry. Our summer camp program provides a place where campers can have an absolute blast and have the most fun of their life. But our primary focus for summer campers and conference guests is to present to them the saving work of Jesus Christ in various ways throughout their stay. Everything we do, even activities, has a Gospel-centered purpose.
When guest groups arrive at Twin Lakes, they are presented unabashedly with the Gospel; no matter who they are. Our staff is hired with that vision; we have all experienced the grace and mercy of God in our lives and hope to make it real everyone who comes through our gates.Contact us for more information
Twin Lakes & Peru Mission Summer Camp
In 2006 Peru Mission contacted Twin Lakes...
...Here in Peru, God has seen fit to send many children to our churches. For instance, our newest church planting effort in the Arevalo community has more than half its Sunday morning attendance in children. It is not uncommon for 60 children to show up without their parents for Lord's Day worship and Sunday School. The Arevalo community is not alone; we also have high attendance of youth at all our churches. God has given us an amazing opportunity to reach the next generation for Christ ... We are convinced that one of the ways the gospel would have an immense impact in the lives of thousands of children is to mimic your summer camp program here in Peru. It is staggering to consider the possibility that in one generation, Trujillo can be transformed into a society filled with converted and committed Christians.
Visit Peru Mission's website: www.perumission.org
During the first week of January 2010, in the midst of the South American summer, 21 short-term team members headed to Peru for the purpose of sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ with 165 Peruvian children. During our third year of summer camp in Peru, lives were changed, churches strengthened, faiths deepened and relationships developed further.
The mission of Twin Lakes Camp is to provide a fun, outdoor environment for children to experience new activities and learn what it means to glorify God with their life.
For four days the team coordinated 30 volunteer Peruvian camp counselors from three church plants, and children from three different congregations, as well as a partner orphanage in Trujillo, in an amazing array of activities including horseback riding, face-painting, archery and swimming. This summer the campers learned about the story of David and Goliath during afternoon assembly and it was reinforced through object lessons at each activity site as well as through a lesson at the "evangelism tent."
- Day 1 - "To Obey Is Better Than Sacrifice"
- Day 2 - "The Lord Looks on the Heart"
- Day 3 - "God Protects His People"
- Day 4 - "The True King of Our Hearts"
Not only was it an unforgettable experience for the children, who would normally never have access to such an event, but it was an opportunity to reach out to their parents, and to develop leadership and unity among the churches in Trujillo.
Thank you to all who have been involved in prayer support, financial support, and so many other ways! God has used you as well in this ministry!
Twin Lakes was asked to return to Peru because Christian camping mets a great need in strengthening the churches in Trujillo. Here are some ways how Christian camping helps the church in Peru:
- Christian Camping reaches children and families with the Gospel. In a week full of fun and worship, many children for the first time hear the gospel proclaimed and see the gospel portrayed through the godly character of the counselors. One pastor told me that several of the children who went to camp last year are now members of the church along with their families. Praise God!
- Christian Camping encourages covenant children. Many of the kids who attend are already believing faithful Christians. Camp is their reward for good Sunday School attendance. They are already looking forward to the next camp, where they will aspire to be a camp leaders one day.
- Christian Camping trains a new generation of leaders. Along with evangelism, developing new leaders is a top priority of Peru Mission. Camping provides a dynamic context for cultivating intentional sacrificial service. It is our prayer that Peruvian counselors will one day be godly parents, faithful church leaders, and influential community citizens.